Introduction | Timberline lodge is built at an elevation of 5,960 feet (1,817 meters) within Mount Hood. There are about two million visitors annually. It takes about 1 hr 30 mins from Portland and it is good for hiking during summer and winter sports (ex: skiing and snowboarding) for winter.
- Timberline Lodge Trail: shortest trail
- Trail Type: loop
- Time: 30mins
- Distance: 0.5 mile
- Gift shop: Yes at the lodge and ski/snowboard rental building
- Website: http://www.timberlinelodge.com/
- Google Map: https://g.page/timberline-lodge-and-ski-area?share
1.Road to Timberline – Highway US 26-West
2. Drove to downtown, Government Camp for bathroom break
3. Arrived at Timberline Lodge
4. In front of the lodge
5. Timberline Lodge to mountains nearby. The lodge is at an elevation of 6000 feet.
6. Timberline Trail Head
8. Trail and Mt. Hood. It was cloudy.
10. Entrance to Pacific Crest Trail (we turned around because of thunder storm)
12. 10 minutes later. Thunderstorm…
13. SNOCAT Trucker by Timberline Lodge
If you like this post, here is archive: Explore a New Park